Delivering innovative thinking to advance research on mucus
Mucus research has been the focus of interdisciplinary scientific teams to answer some fundamental questions related to biological, chemical and physical characteristics of mucus. A gel-like mucus barrier controls the interactions and exchanges between cells surface and their environment. Mucus research is the basis to understand and discover treatments to a wide variety of diseases:
- Mucins biochemistry and their molecular interactions
- Mucus clearance and transport
- Diagnostics and prediction of disease progression
- Cellular mechanisms involved in mucus regulation
- Drug delivery through the mucus barrier
To help solve some of the mucus mysteries, Rheomuco and mucus rheology act as an innovative and complementary tool to your mucus research project!
Start now by testing as low as 20µL mucus sample!
Browse the documentation centre for the latest article on mucus rheology!
Mucus research in muco-obstructive lung diseases
The profile of lung diseases that results muco-obstructed organ due to abnormal mucus is diverse and can result from different causes such as:
- Environment, e.g. cigarette smoke or pollution that could cause COPD
- Genetics, e.g. in Cystic Fibrosis (CF)
- Bacteria, e.g. in bronchitis
- Virus, e.g. in flues
- Inflammation, e.g. in eosinophilic severe asthma
- Cilia impairment, e.g. in Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD)
Other than lung diseases, mucus rheology is altered in other types of diseases:
Testing mucus rheology to evaluate and assess these diseases is possible! Rheomuco makes mucus rheology easy. Click here to learn more
Interested in mucus rheology? Contact us!