Rheomuco: 3 steps in 15 minutes. Fast and easy!
Step 1: collect a sample measuring 0.5 to 2 ml
The donor’s sputum is obtained spontaneously or induced by inhaling hypertonic saline which improves the mucociliary clearance of the lower airways.
Step 2: prepare the sample for measurement according to a homogenisation protocol (5 minutes)
At this stage, the sample can be mixed with a drug to test and/or be incubated under the conditions stipulated in your research protocol.
Step 3: deposit the sample and measure the viscoelasticity using Rheomuco (10 minutes)
Let the software guide you: only one measurement is possible per sample as the analysis modifies the initial physical properties.
The results are displayed at the end of each measument as well as expoted into a PDF report
Here are the results displayed by Rheomuco:
- Viscoelastic modulus G*p: General consistency of the mucus at rest, molecular network strengh
- Elastic modulus G’p: Elastic characteritic of mucus at rest, energy storage capacity
- Viscous modulus G”p: Viscous characteritic of mucus at rest, energy dissipitaion capacity
- Damping factor Tan (δ )p: Dissipation over storage capacity, molecular network morphology
- Crossover Strain γc: Strechability of the mucus before flow
- Crossover yield stress τc: Gel force, firmness of the mucus before flow
- Elastic force (EF) G*p. τc: Maximum storable elastic energy